- (abs, pdf) Gaikwad et al., Probing the thermal state of the intergalactic medium at $z>5$ with the transmission spikes in high-resolution Ly$\alpha$ forest spectra
- (abs, pdf) Forbes et al., Globular Clusters in Coma Cluster Ultra Diffuse Galaxies (UDGs): Evidence for Two Types of UDG?
- (abs, pdf) Woosley et al., The Birth … Continue Reading ››
Speaker: Ira Wasserman (Cornell)
- J1614-2230: Newly discovered NS with a well-constrained mass of 2 Msun. This places constraints on the equation of state of NSs.
- The core material is largely unknown. It's agreed that electrons are replaced by muons, but not much else. The 2 Msun NS might not require such exotic materials, such as quark matter.
- Fastest … Continue Reading ››