Monthly Archives: October 2011
27 Oct 2011
26 Oct 2011
GPU Meeting: FFTs
Larne Pekowsky (CRA)
- CUDA FFT is a drop-in replacement for FFTW. Because of the memory bandwidth, CUDA is faster above 2^14 element FFTs in 1D. Tested on GTX 580.
- Used in LIGO data analysis.
25 Oct 2011
24 Oct 2011
21 Oct 2011
- (abs, pdf) Behroozi et al., Gravitationally Consistent Halo Catalogs and Merger Trees for Precision Cosmology
- (abs, pdf) Behroozi et al., The Rockstar Phase-Space Temporal Halo Finder and the Velocity Offsets of Cluster Cores
- (abs, pdf) Papaderos & Ostlin, I Zw 18 as morphological paradigm for rapidly assembling high-z galaxies
20 Oct 2011
- (abs, pdf) Kruijssen & Cooper, The initial mass spectrum of old globular clusters in dwarf galaxies
- (abs, pdf) Willott, No evidence of obscured, accreting black holes in most z=6 star-forming galaxies
- (abs, pdf) Latif et al., The implications of dust for high-redshift protogalaxies and the formation of binary disks
Talk: What sets the maximum spin rate of neutron stars?
Speaker: Ira Wasserman (Cornell)
- J1614-2230: Newly discovered NS with a well-constrained mass of 2 Msun. This places constraints on the equation of state of NSs.
- The core material is largely unknown. It's agreed that electrons are replaced by muons, but not much else. The 2 Msun NS might not require such exotic materials, such as quark matter.
- Fastest … Continue Reading ››
19 Oct 2011
- (abs, pdf) Finkelstein et al., CANDELS: The Evolution of Galaxy Rest-Frame Ultraviolet Colors from z = 8 to 4
- (abs, pdf) Bell et al., What turns galaxies off? The different morphologies of star-forming and quiescent galaxies since z~2 from CANDELS
- (abs, pdf) Narayanan et al., A General Model for the CO-H2 … Continue Reading ››