- (abs, pdf) Turk et al., Magnetic Fields in Population III Star Formation
- (abs, pdf) Turk & Smith, High-Performance Astrophysical Simulations and Analysis with Python
- (abs, pdf) Nakasato, Implementation of a Parallel Tree Method on a GPU
- (abs, pdf) Whalen & Fryer, The Formation of Supermassive Black Holes from Low-Mass Pop III Seeds
- (abs, pdf) Ciardi et al., The effect of intergalactic helium on hydrogen reionisation: implications for the sources of ionising photons at z > 6
- (abs, pdf) Shibuya et al., The First Systematic Survey for Lyman Alpha Emitters at z=7.3 with Red-sensitive Subaru/Suprime-Cam
- (abs, pdf) Klassen et al., Simulating protostellar evolution and radiative feedback in the cluster environment
- (abs, pdf) Smith et al., Variable Accretion Rates and Fluffy First Stars
- (abs, pdf) Ramsey et al., AZEuS: An Adaptive Zone Eulerian Scheme for Computational MHD
We have four new members to our group, starting in the Spring semester. Chao Shi, a second-year graduate student, will be focusing on black hole growth from both stellar-sized and massive seeds. Three undergraduate students, Erin Caldwell, Vasiliy Demchenko, and Martin Halicek, will be joining the group, obtaining valuable experience in astrophysics research and learning about various topics in high-redshift galaxy formation.
In other news, our cluster arrived in Georgia Tech a couple of weeks ago, and the IT guys are configuring it right now. It’ll be ready and stress-tested by the new year. Then it’ll get some stress-testing from myself!
- (abs, pdf) Alexander & Hickox, What Drives the Growth of Black Holes?
- (abs, pdf) Fernandez et al., The Cosmic Near Infrared Background III: Fluctuations, Reionization and the Effects of Minimum Mass and Self-regulation
- (abs, pdf) Martinez-Delgado et al., Dwarfs Gobbling Dwarfs: A Stellar Tidal Stream Around NGC 4449 and Hierarchical Galaxy Formation on Small Scales
- (abs, pdf) Stinson et al., Confronting Simulations with the Observed CGM at z=0
- (abs, pdf) Awat & Daisuke, Towards a self-consistent numerical model of late-type galaxies: Calibrating the effects of sub-grid physics on galactic models
- (abs, pdf) Carroll-Nellenback et al., Efficient Parallelization for AMR MHD Multiphysics Calculations; Implementation in AstroBEAR
- (abs, pdf) Feldmann et al., The X-factor in Galaxies: I. Dependence on Environment and Scale
- (abs, pdf) Kim et al., The New Horizon Run Cosmological N-Body Simulations
- (abs, pdf) Mesinger et al., The kinetic Sunyaev-Zel’dovich signal from inhomogeneous reionization: a parameter space study