Yearly Archives: 2011
07 Dec 2011
06 Dec 2011
05 Dec 2011
02 Dec 2011
JSI Dwarf Galaxy Conference (Day 3)
Annapolis, Maryland Joe Silk, "DM Annihilations as a Probe of CDM Substructure"
- Proposing to use the Sun as a WIMP detector above 4 GeV (less massive ones are evaporated).
- If WIMPs are low-mass (5-10 GeV) and trapped, they will lower the central temperature of the Sun.
- Energetic neutrinos from WIMPs trapped in the Sun? Detectable by AMANDA or IceCube?
- Sommerfeld effect: boosting … Continue Reading ››
01 Dec 2011
JSI Dwarf Galaxy Conference (Day 2)
Annapolis, Maryland – Today's talks focus on dwarf galaxy formation Volker Bromm (UT-Austin), "The First Stars and Galaxies"
- Discussed Clark+ (2010), Greif+ (2011) simulations, looking at disk fragmentation in the case without radiation feedback. Points to a flat IMF.
- Stacy+ (2011) included proto-stellar radiative feedback and found that the final mass was 30-40 Msun in a binary. Hosogawa+ … Continue Reading ››
30 Nov 2011
- (abs, pdf) Haschke et al., Metallicity distribution functions of the old populations of the Magellanic Clouds from RR Lyrae stars
- (abs, pdf) Hopkins et al., Realistic Stellar Feedback & Bulge Formation in Clumpy Disks
- (abs, pdf) Salvadori & Ferrara, First stars in Damped Lyman Alpha systems
- (abs, pdf) Hassan et … Continue Reading ››