- (abs, pdf) Igor, A new GPU-accelerated hydrodynamical code for numerical simulation of interacting galaxies
- (abs, pdf) Grassi et al., KROME – a package to embed chemistry in astrophysical simulations
- (abs, pdf) Davis et al., The First Billion Years project: dark matter haloes going from contraction to expansion and back again
Last month, I was in Hokkaido University, giving an Enzo users’ workshop with a few of my colleagues. While I was there, I agreed to give a public talk about the first galaxies, titled “Baby Galaxies: The First Steps to the Milky Way”. Elizabeth Tasker graciously wrote a post about my talk. I thought it was a success with standing room only during the last half of my talk, even with a dying typhoon off the coast of Japan lashing cold rain and wind throughout Hokkaido.
For those at Georgia Tech, I will be giving a similar public talk as a part of the Inquiring Minds series (PDF flyer) in two weeks on Monday, November 18th at 6pm in CULC. Be sure to make it!
- (abs, pdf) Mandelker et al., The Population of Giant Clumps in Simulated High-z Galaxies: In-situ and Ex-situ, Migration and Survival
- (abs, pdf) Caruana et al., Spectroscopy of z ~ 7 candidate galaxies: Using Lyman-alpha to constrain the neutral fraction of hydrogen in the high-redshift universe
- (abs, pdf) Raičević et al., The effect of recombination radiation on the temperature and ionization state of partially ionized gas